SONiC is an open source network operating system made for the datacenter that is based on Linux. Larch is the first to develop SONIC integration for Marvell based switches available to order. SONiC offers a full-suite of network functionality, like BGP and RDMA, that is used in the data centers of some of the largest cloud-service providers. It offers teams the flexibility to create the network solutions with open source components and docker support to leverage the collective strength of a large ecosystem and community.
Larch Networks build SONIC-Based switched products, integrating them with SONIC and leveraging modern DPU technologies.
We hire, train and grow the best SONiC experts on the market.
- SAI (Switch Abstraction Interface) API implementation for a specific switch silicon on top of SDK, enabling SONiC software stack operation on Customer’s hardware product.
- Support of SONiC sequential releases and continual alignment of functional compatibility of Customer’s hardware product with SONiC mainline.
- Implementation of new features, maintenance of existing components, release regression testing and bug fixing.
- Integration of SONiC with third party open source network management stacks as well as configuration and enablement of specific features using SONiC CLI (Command Line Interface).
- ONIE (Open Network Install Environment) adaptation to a specific network device silicon.
Larch’s SONIC enables devices
Mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org
SONiC Features list
Layer 2/3 Feature list
BGP / BGP MP
BGP-EVPN support(type 5), (related HLD Fpmsyncd,Vxlanmgr,template)
ACL permit/deny, IPv6 ACL
Priority Flow Control
DHCP Relay Agent
Static Port breakout
Dynamic ACL Upgrade
L3 RIF counter support
Configurable drop counters
Critical Recourse Monitor
Egress mirroring and
ACL action support check via SAI
HW resource monitor
SONiC to SONiC upgrade
Multiple Images support
Sensor transceiver monitoring
LLDP extended MIB: lldpremtable, lldplocporttable, lldpremmanaddrtable, lldplocmanaddrtable, lldplocporttable, lldpLocalSystemData
Incremental Config (IP, LAG, Port shut/unshut)
Routing Stack Graceful Restart
Multi-DB optimization-Part 1