Larch Networks provides testing service for networking solutions based on SONiC (Software for Open Networking in the Cloud) operating system in order to meet market demand. Data center integrators face growing popularity of the disaggregated approach consisting parts of the Open Compute Project (OCP) like SONiC and Switch Abstraction Interface (SAI). An intention is to provide customers confidence their products meet expected quality and impact positively the overall user experience. At the same time a variety of SONiC operational environments is growing with multiply of SONiC release numbers, vendors’ platform numbers, and kinds of used Application-Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC).
Larch Networks testing framework designed for SONiC based solutions consists the following points:
- Regression tests analysis to define product testing and quality baseline and supply with cost effective approach adjusted for customer needs.
- Implementation of basic community test cases with supplement of proprietary test cases developed to cover new features added to SONiC and applications.
- High automation level of product-specific test cases.
- Setup and configuration of testbed and system under test to maintain testing infrastructure with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Documenting of testing plans, cases and scenarios as well as preparation and review of comprehensive test reports.
- Following formalized test coverage and test acceptance criteria.
- Implementing product life cycle based on quality assurance criteria directed to realistic update of the product roadmap.
- Organization of repeatable and stable test process based on knowledge transfer.
- Proving high business value to the clients shortening time to the market for new SONiC-enabled switching products.